Friday 25 February 2022

Salina Jane Art

Only two weeks ago today I was at the Unravel Festival of Yarn, really excited to meet up with artist Salina Gani and to see the fantastic illustration she had created for me! If you didn’t get a chance to see it on display at Unravel, here it is!

Black and white illustration of a woman knitting. She is surrounded by multiple drawings of knitted swatches and architectural inspirations.

The idea for the illustration began when Salina was the artist in residence at the Knitting & Crochet Guild online convention in September 2021. I was so impressed with her wonderful live sketches of all the speakers that I commissioned her to create an illustration for me. I love the way Salina has shown my designs and ideas swirling around me - yes, there are always this many! - and they all contribute the the stitch patterns I create on my knitting needles!


Thank you so much Salina ❤️ It has been a joy to work with you and to learn about your amazing creative process!


No comments:

Post a Comment