Tuesday 1 February 2022

Leaf Cable Cowl In Knitting 226

For Issue 226, Knitting magazine asked “where's your knitting happy place?” My answer is that I am always really happy with a knitting project that combines cables and texture! As the cables begin to grow, I find that the stitch pattern develops a lovely rhythm, allowing me to relax and really enjoy the process of knitting.

Hand knitted cowl draped on dress form


My Leaf Cable Cowl design in Issue 226 reflects this feeling of wellness with a large leaf inspired cable pattern.


This long, cosy cowl is knitted in Eden Cottage Yarns wonderful Keswick Aran yarn and is great for draping at full-length or wrapping around the neck twice as a cosy neck warmer! Cables knitted in this fabulously soft yarn look amazing and the gorgeous shade of Falling Leaves made me feel like I was knitting with spun gold!


Also in this issue is a lovely review of my new book, A Knitter's Guide to Shawl Design, by editor Christine Boggis!


"As well as being a handy toolbox and an academic look at many knitters' very favourite knits, this is an inspiring introduction to knitting design that gives you all the skills you need to create your own unique makes."




Book cover with hand knitted shawl draped on dress form


No comments:

Post a Comment