Saturday 14 September 2019

My new Deramores Designer Shop!

I'm absolutely delighted to announce my new Deramores Designer Shop!

The first patterns to be added to my shop are three of my favourite designs knitted in West Yorkshire Spinners (WYS) yarns, Jadeite, Ruby and Wych Elm. Each of these patterns can be purchased as a single pattern download or along with the yarn required to knit the garment. Starting with this post, I'd like to tell you a little bit more about these designs and the inspiration behind the patterns.

Jadeite by Emma Vining

My Jadeite sweater is knitted in WYS Bluefaced Leicester DK yarn and is shown in a beautiful Teal shade. The pattern was first published in The Knitter Magazine, Issue 105.

Jadeite has a twisted stitch cluster design around the neckline inspired by a beautiful semi-precious stone necklace. The front of the necklace extends to a point in line with the centre neck. The shorter back of the necklace is worked below the back of the sweater neck shaping. The main body of the sweater is knitted in stocking stitch which gradually changes to reverse stocking stitch with the twisted stitch necklace. The set-in sleeves begin in rib and are knitted in stocking stitch with a jadeite bracelet at each wrist.

Thank you for reading my blog post and I hope that you will enjoy browsing my patterns. I am so proud to have them listed in my new shop alongside all the other amazing designers on the Deramores website!

No comments:

Post a Comment