Wednesday 21 August 2019

Cromarty Sweater in the Knitter Magazine Issue 140

Asymmetric patterns add an interesting dimension to any design and I am especially pleased with this aspect of my Cromarty sweater in The Knitter Magazine Issue 140! Using off-set semi circles, my swirls pattern appears to move across the sweater, emerging from long lines of rib. The rib is repeated on the sweater sleeves. The semi-circles are knitted using twisted stitches and are further emphasised by changing the texture of the background stitch from reverse stocking stitch to stocking stitch. The fabulous yarn is Fyberspates Vivacious DK in the gorgeous shade of Dovestone. This beautiful yarn really shows off the pattern detail and the stitch definition is excellent.

Cromarty Sweater by Emma Vining in the Knitter Magazine

This is a lovely issue of the Knitter magazine and it is very special to me for another reason. My first commissioned knitting pattern, a tea-cosy, was published way back in issue 40. My Cromarty pattern in Issue 140 means that, although I have not had patterns in every magazine, I have been with the Knitter over the publication of 100 issues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment