Thursday 19 September 2019

Ruby Cardigan in my Deramores Designer Shop

In this second post about my new Deramores Designer Shop, I would like to tell you about my Ruby cardigan pattern. Ruby is knitted in West Yorkshire Spinners (WYS) Illustrious DK yarn and is shown below in the beautiful shade of Garnet. The pattern was first published in the Knitter Magazine, Issue 106.

Ruby Cardigan by Emma Vining
Ruby is an elegant fitted cardigan with a pattern inspired by gemstones. The rubies are formed by knitting extended lines of twisted stitches. Set on a stocking stitch background, long lines of eyelets separate each set of rubies. The eyelet pattern extends from the cast on edge to the shoulders and neckline. The front band is knitted at the same time as the fronts. The set-in sleeves are also knitted in stocking stitch and have a pair of knitted rubies at the cuff.

In my next post I'll be writing about my Wych Elm Cardigan. In the meantime, you can see all three of my patterns on the Deramores website. They are available as single pattern downloads or together with the all yarn required to knit the garment. Thank you for reading and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment