Thursday 26 September 2019

Wych Elm Cardigan in my new Deramores Designer Shop!

Three of my favourite designs are now available in my new Deramores Designer Shop! They are all knitted in beautiful West Yorkshire Spinners (WYS) yarns. I wrote about my Jadeite sweater and my Ruby cardigan in my last two blogposts and in this post, I would like to tell you about my Wych Elm CardiganWych Elm is knitted in WYS Blue Faced Leicester DK yarn and is shown below in the gorgeous shade of Olive. The pattern was first published in the Knitter Magazine, Issue 111 and then subsequently in the Knitter Deutschland, Issue 33.


Wych Elm Cardigan by Emma Vining

My Wych Elm cardigan design captures the moment just before new leaves burst from their buds. A single twisted stitch travels across a reverse stocking stitch background creating the impression of a drawing within the knitting. Combining this stitch pattern with a wide rib forms flattering long lines. The cast on edges are worked in garter stitch with the buds and stems emerging from this border. The front of the cardigan has a rib band that is knitted at the same time as the fronts. The bud and stem motifs are also worked at the sleeve cuffs.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about the patterns in my Deramores Designer Shop and the inspiration behind each of them.  Thank you for subscribing to my blog posts and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment