Monday 28 January 2019

Thank you Birlinn Yarn Company!

Working with gorgeous yarn was one of the best parts about writing my book! In this post, I'd like to say thank you to Meg Rodger of the Birlinn Yarn Company for her generous yarn support. I used Meg's beautiful yarn to design and knit my Wishing Well Wristwarmers patterns in A Knitter's Sketchbook.

Stitch pattern detail
Wishing Well Wristwarmers by Emma Vining
knitted in Birlinn Yarn 4ply

The stitch patterns for my Wishing Well Wristwarmers were inspired by a stunning ironwork water well cover located in the centre of the beautiful German town of Mainz. The wristwarmers are knitted in three shades of Birlinn Yarn 4ply, Reef, Moor and Storm Grey. Each wristwarmer begins and ends with a twisted stitch rib and there is a choice of three different stitch patterns. I designed options exploring ovals and circles, using twisted stitches to make the shapes. There are both charted and written instructions for your choice of pattern. Perfect to mix and match!

Stitch pattern detail
Wishing Well Wristwarmers by Emma Vining
knitted in Birlinn Yarn 4ply
There is a wonderful choice of shades of Birlinn Yarn available, from natural to Hebridean Colours. When I met Meg last year I could see all these stunning colours in the landscape around her home on the Isle of Berneray. You can read more about my trip to the Outer Hebrides here and read all about Meg and her beautiful yarns here.

No comments:

Post a Comment