Tuesday 18 October 2022

Glasgow University Knits

My contributor's copy of Glasgow University Knits has arrived and I am delighted that my "Though The Round Window" scarf is included in this excellent knitting pattern book! 

Cover of knitting pattern book with two models wearing knitted hats

Two pages from a knitting pattern book showing circle detail from leaded window and model wearing scarf inspired by the window

I am really enjoying reading about all the designer's University inspirations for their beautiful patterns. The inspiration for my scarf is taken from the leaded circle details of the beautiful windows found throughout in the main building. This includes the Geography Department where I spent many happy hours studying for my degree!

For an excellent preview of the patterns take a look at this great video on YouTube and look out for my scarf displayed on the unicorn statue!

Glasgow University Knits is now available from the University Shop along with the University's own Cochno wool.

Hand knitted scarf draped around the neck of a unicorn sculpture at Glasgow University


No comments:

Post a Comment