Tuesday 16 February 2021

Wistman's Wood Cardigan

My Wistman's Wood cardigan in is this month's Knitter Magazine! I am delighted that my pattern is included alongside so many beautiful designs in Issue 160.

The cardigan design is inspired by crisscrossing tree branches. The stitch pattern is full of zigzgging lines of eyelets combined with reverse stocking stitch texture. The branching eyelet pattern is worked on the cardigan back and the front bands, which are knitted at the same time as the fronts. The pattern gradually widens towards the upper body and shoulders. It was such a pleasure to design and knit with this wonderful warm bright yellow shade of Novita Nalle yarn!


Here are some images of the lovely Novita yarn with the ball band information.




3 comments:

  1. Hello I love your design Wistman's wood and would love to knit it but I am a bit confused as to the ply that you recommend. Novita Nalle is listed everywhere as DK not 4ply. Can you please clarify this for me. Thank you. Kind regards Irene Eliason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your message and I am so pleased to hear that you are considering knitting Wistman’s Wood!

    I have googled the Novita Nalle yarn and can see that it has different “labels" depending where it is advertised. This is a versatile yarn that can be used in many different projects with different needle sizes, hence the confusion!

    The most useful information to look for on the ball band or website description is the standard tension, which is 22sts x 32 rows using 3.5mm needles. I have added a couple of images of the ball band to this post showing this information.

    Hope this helps and hope you enjoy the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello thank you for your clarification. Kind regards Irene

    ReplyDelete