Thursday 23 February 2017

Patterns in Magazines

Three of my patterns are in magazines this month! My new cowl design is in Simply Knitting Magazine and two of my designs from the Knitter Magazine have been translated into German and have been published in "The Knitter Deutschland".

The Knitter Deutschland 29/2017
with Little Paisley Cardigan on the cover
First published in The Knitter Magazine, Issue 95, my Little Paisley Cardigan is knitted in Cascade 220 yarn. I love "Paisley Pattern" and in this cardigan the Paisley motifs make up the front and back panels. There is a single Paisley motif at the cuff too. The motifs are made using cables and twisted stitches with moss stitch texture in the centre.

This issue of The Knitter Deutschland also features my Diamond Kites Sweater. The design uses twisted stitches to make a panel of kites with long tails on the front and back of the sweater. Diamond Kites was first published in the Knitter Issue 92.

Diamond Kites Sweater by Emma Vining
Image from The Knitter Magazine

I'm really delighted to see my new soft and cuddly Twists & Turn cowl in Simply Knitting Issue 156. I love exploring structure in knitting and this giant cable stitch creates big folds in the knitted fabric. This 'quick knit" cowl is knitted in Stylecraft Alpaca Chunky, shade Orchid.

Image from Simply Knitting Magazine 156
Cowl by Emma Vining

No comments:

Post a Comment