Thursday 25 February 2016

Wrapped Hexagons Bag in the Knitter Magazine

My Wrapped Hexagons bag design is in this month's Knitter Magazine, Issue 94Wrapped Hexagons is knitted in one of my favourite yarns, Yarn Stories Fine Merino & Baby Alpaca Aran.

Wrapped Hexagons by Emma Vining
The bag is knitted in one piece, then seamed at the sides. The top of the bag has a rib pattern and the main pattern is a twisted stitch lattice with textured centres. Where the twisted stitches meet, they are wrapped by pulling the yarn around the stitches. This lattice design gives the bag stability and strength.

I lined the bag with fabric in a contrasting design and I also used iron-on interfacing as a backing material. This makes the bag robust and gives it stability too. I love the contrast of the very patterned lining material with the textured cable knit design.

Wrapped Hexagons by Emma Vining
The bag is finished off with smart leather handles from U-handbag.com. I have used leather bag handles from U Handbag several times for my bag designs and I love how the smart handles lift the whole design. 

Wrapped Hexagons by Emma Vining
Leather Handles from U-handbag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment