Thursday 6 August 2015

Published designs and an interview with me!

This month's The Knitter Magazine is a very special Issue for me - two of my designs are in this Issue  and one of them is on the cover! There is also an interview with me, featuring lots of my designs for The Knitter Magazine, Yarn Stories, Simply Knitting and Knit Today. I am so proud to see these designs side by side in the article.

The Knitter Magazine Issue 87
The Issue 87 cover design is my "Time for Tea" seamless summer top. The eyelet and twisted stitch pattern is inspired by beautiful Derby porcelain teacup designs. I love the way the delicate pattern lines interweave around the cups and the saucers - perfect inspiration for a light summer design. The beautiful yarn is Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply, which is a lovely merino/ silk blend.

Time for Tea by Emma Vining
Daisy Chain is my second design in this issue. The idea for the stitch pattern is based on the very long daisy chains I used to make when I was little. Each knitted flower has a small bobble in the middle of a circle of eyelets. The yarn is Eden Cottage Yarns Askham 4ply in Damselfly. I really loved working with this gorgeous yarn - the colour, weight and soft feel make it such a pleasure to knit with.

Daisy Chain by Emma Vining
I am so proud and excited about the three page feature about me and my design inspirations. The interview covers lots of questions from who taught me to knit through to my design heroes and all about my favourite yarns and designs.



This month's Simply Knitting Magazine (Issue 136) also includes one of my designs. My Ocean Waves scarf is knitted in Sirdar Cotton 4ply, shade Mosaic. The eyelet design zig zags along the length of the scarf, just like waves breaking on the shore. The cotton yarn has beautiful drape and stitch definition.

Ocean Waves by Emma Vining
This is such an exciting month for me - just back from a lovely family holiday and I am incredibly proud to have my designs published in both The Knitter and Simply Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment